01 June 2010

Dodgy Valve Replacements

A couple of weeks after sending out my request, my new replacement valves finally arrived in the post all the way from Vietnam.The valves were very well packed. In fact, too well packed that it took me a while to unwrap the thing from its packaging!

Anyway, I thought it was a simple thing to do, this whole valve replacing lark. After a few attempts at trying to pull out the old chrome ones, I gave up before I did any serious damage to the tubeless rims. Surely, it can't be this difficult? Let's hope good old YouTube has some answers...

Sticking to all things Vespa, I finally found an excuse to buy stuff from SIP using the free shipping vouchers that came long with the 25th anniversary edition of Scootering.

My excuse was that I had ran out of 2 stroke oil and with SIP coming out with their own fully synthetic oil recently (seemingly based on powerboat technology?), I just had to give it a try.

Unfortunately, either I was too daft to understand how to use the free shipping voucher thingy OR SIP just conveniently forgot to mention that the free shipping thing was only valid for your next order. Bad SIP.

Ah well, I suppose it's another excuse to order more stuff from them in the very near future.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...