04 May 2010

Happy Birthday Scootering!

Finally, I managed to get my hands on the May 2010 issue of Scootering magazine. The magazine's 25th anniversary issue. The magazine hit the news stands earlier this week but I only managed to get it last weekend. Even then, it was actually the last copy available at Eason on O'Connell Street.




To be brutally honest, I don't think there's anything too special in terms of content in this particular issue. A bit of an anti-climax if you ask me.


The extras that came along with the whole pack was quite nice though. Having never seen issue #1, it's good that the magazine has clearly moved on from dull black & white to colour on all it's pages. Oh, and doing without the girls around the scooters is also something the magazine shouldn't go back to. Unless of course, the girls look as hot as those new Hunky Dory ads that have been the talk of the town lately!


Scootering's site does talk about throwing in a SIP catalogue in the pack but I was pleasantly surprised to find three SIP vouchers for free European-wide DHL delivery along with the said catalogue. If you shop regularly at the German scooter shop, these vouchers more than cover the €5.57 I paid for the magazine.


Whatever it is, Happy 25th Scootering magazine and let's hope the editors get some sense kicked into them so they'd hire some Sports Illustrated photographers to do some centrefolds for the mag! In the meantime, I'm off the get some crisps to go along with my copy of Scootering...





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...