19 June 2010

The Battle of Ireland: Bombtrack Live

On hearing Bombtrack for the first time all those years ago, I'd never imagined that I'd get to see Rage Against the Machine playing it live one day. The closest thing I could hope for was a local band covering it at a local gig. Probably somewhere like the old Malaysian underground haunt, Piccadilly Disco in Damansara Jaya or upstairs at the S&M Shopping Centre on Jalan Silang.


In fact, I vaguely remember an attempt by a band in those years, complete with hidden guitarist, just in case some curious onlookers decided to steal their famous intro!

Of course, nothing beats watching the real thing so, here goes...


Apologies for the shaky video. I couldn't help myself from jumping about. Added to that, some eejits thought that it was the best time to walk out and get themselves a pint the very moment the song was about to start so, some evasive manuevers were called for. Oh, and sitting almost a mile away from the stage doesn't help either!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...