03 June 2010

Eh, what's this?

This thing has been at the back of my mind ever since I read about it a couple of weeks ago. Do I keep the self-imposed integrity of this blog or do I sell-out for merely a free CD?


It's been annoying me big time. Like that small piece of beef that's been stuck between your teeth after a good meal. The toothbrush is no help and no amount of deft hand manevouring would enable one to floss it out. Not unless you've got a hook as a right hand like say...errr...Captain Hook.

Sticking with annoying things, Owl City (why that name?) who has been a radio sensation of sorts (to the point of annoyance), has now released his second full album, Ocean Eyes. Yes, seemingly not content with annoying the hell out of casual radio listeners with the single Fireflies, the young man from Owatonna (pun intended) is out to prove to the world that he's no one-hit wonder with Umbrella Beach and Vanilla Twilight thrown in the album for good measure.

So, the dilemma is well and truly over. As you can see, it doesn't take much for me to succumb to the devious ways of Universal Music's marketing execs back home in Bolehland. All it takes is a free CD and I'm yours. The way I see it, if I've got Nuffnang banners selling Fish Pizza that resembles something a cat puked after eating some bad fish fingers, I might as well write something to get myself a free CD.

So, there you go. I hope you're happy now Michael A. Fredericks!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...