01 March 2010

The Green Vespa at work

I work in place that has close to 1,000 employees. It's a great place to work (I'm not saying this just because I think my boss would be reading this, it really is) and there are some perks, both tangible and intangible. To focus on a tangible perk, I get my own parking spot. Even the big boss here doesn't get his own designated spot and has to rough it out with the other minions...

OK, I admit, it's really not mine but since, out of the 1,000 people or so, I'm the only that comes into work on a scooter (what they REALLY meant when they painted Motorcycles on the tarmac), I consider the parking spot MINE. As the famous Vespa sign goes: Vespa Parking Only-All other vehicles will be crushed!

So, to re-balance this awful imbalance in benefits to me, the office has introduced some counter-measures. More recently I have been joined in MY parking spot by this annoying blue Honda learner-legal type bike. I don't have a thing against bikers but this one in particular annoys the s**t out of me. The guy seriously thinks he's Valentino Rossi or something...

Also, not content with providing me with an annoying co-worker biker play buddy, they also added some additional facilities to MY parking spot. I now get 2 or 3 industrial-size bins close by, providing me with fragrant smells as I make my way into work.Nice touch.

PS: Good week for the Redmen. Got Unirea out of the way plus a good 3 points at home against one of Fergie's minions.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...