17 May 2011

Grey Matter

Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt and Luis Suarez were over in Dublin last Thursday to launch Liverpool's much awaited 2011/2012 away kit. And where was I when all this was happening?




A mere 15-minute scooter ride away, on the other side of town, stuck in a windowless room trying to think of an excuse. Any excuse. An escape plan that would make it possible for me to pop down the stairs, jump on my Vespa and head towards Henry Street that sunny Thursday afternoon.


It was never going to happen though. I would just have to wait until later that afternoon to get my hands on the jersey. That was the easy bit. Unlike the jersey, Gerrard, Kuyt and Suarez won't be kept in stock by Lifestyle Sports so, I'll just have to accept the fact that I'll have to travel all the way to Liverpool to stand a chance of meeting either of the three in person. Wonder what my wife would think of another Anfield visit? Hmmm...






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...