26 June 2011

The BBQ-Weather Strikes Back

As if to mock my rant on Friday evening, Saturday and especially today turned out to be absolutely gorgeous days. The car's thermometer even showed that the temperature was 26 degrees (Celsius) at midday. Whether the thermometer was right or wrong didn't matter. I certainly felt that way.

How foolish of me to have ever doubted the Irish summer? Hmmm...


Anyway, seeing that my bike jacket hadn't actually completely dried, I took the opportunity to properly dry the thing out in the open. This might not be a big deal to most people around the world but I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is probably a once in a season opportunity for me to do so.

My Dainese jacket was starting to smell worse than a wet dog and now, that it was out in the open, it certainly looks even worse. The jacket's sleeves were frayed beyond decent repair, its original dark brown was closer to a horrible patchwork of khaki and light brown while some of the buttons (around the lower ab region - I wonder why...) were merely holding on to its dear life, waiting to be released from its impossible daily task.

It was time I placed my favourite jacket into semi-retirement. The Corazzo Tempeste has been out for over a year now and looks like a good option. Theoretically, it should give the same level of protection, comfort and warmth as the Dainese while at the same time, double as a decent enough blazer of sorts. I was expecting to fork out on delivery costs to get the jacket from a UK dealer but I spotted a couple on display while on a visit to Bikeworld recently. Wasn't actually in the market for a jacket then but I think I'll give them a call next weekend. If their price is right, I might pop over and give the jacket another try...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...