01 January 2011

Freedom is...


...twisting the throttle on my Vespa as far as it can go and watch as the scooter eats up the road in front of me with the wind in my face. It was just brilliant to be back on the Vespa earlier today. A fine start to a new day and a New Year.


Having not started the Vespa for over a month except for that one time in December, I was slightly worried that the scooter wouldn't actually start. My worries were blown away as the Vespa coughed out a small cloud of carbon through the Sito Plus and the little two-stroke engine came to life.


As an added piece of joy to usher in the New Year, there was (finally) a good result at Anfield today. Unlike our previous win against Bolton, I wouldn't actually classify it as a "famous victory" but three points are exactly that, three points and, if it gets us clear of the relegation zone, all the better. Of course, credit should go to Dalglish for the comments he made in the press before the match and Joe Cole for scoring a last-minute (and possibly offside) goal.


Oh, and seriously, how far have we fallen? I'm actually writing about my relief that we've stayed clear of the drop zone rather than complaining about us not putting up a real challenge for the title... 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...