03 July 2010

Adventures in Hi-Def

While out riding on my Vespa, I've always come across some drop dead gorgeous scenery. If possible, I'd stop and snap a picture or a short video of the view. Unfortunately, most of the time, it's either just not possible to stop or the picture just doesn't turn out the same when you eventually stop and try to snap THAT view you had just seen while you turned around a bend. Or a video of the whole Egg Run. It just doesn't have the same impact while off the scooter...

OK, most of it's probably due to the my lack of photographic skills but still, I've always wondered what my pictures would turn out if I had some sort of contraption that could capture the moment while on the move.

Well, I suppose I need not wonder anymore. At least until I get my hands on this thingy that is...

I came across the GoPro products while browsing around a local adventure-type shop. The strap-on/suck-on-your-helmet cameras certainly look like the device I've been looking for. I might just use the cash I've been saving up for a nice expasion pipe, on this instead. Although at the rate that's stuff is sold in Ireland, it'll probably cost twice as much when I order it here.

Watch this space for some on-the-move pics and footage! I certainly hope so...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...