04 July 2011

Coastal Plan

As with most plans, this plan was simple. If it ever got to be put into motion that is. And that, was the hardest bit. You see, I've always wanted to go on a ride on my Vespa early in the morning when the only traffic on the roads would be the Garda Traffic Corps who'd be out to breathalyse anything and everything that rolled on wheels. With the authorities in mind, I even had my "papers" in order - otherwise known as the temporary spousal release form.

Like most rides, it would have a destination and mine was the coast. It didn't matter which coast -north or south. It just depended on my mood on the morning. A morning that never went as planned...

My over enthusiasm at a game of football the previous left me so exhausted, I pretty much collapsed in bed as soon as I got home and didn't wake-up until my window of opportunity had passed. Thankfully, I managed to get the desire to head to the coast somewhat out of the system on the very same weekend.


On the way back from our weekly grocery shopping, I decided to bring the family for a drive. I wasn't sure where I was headed but I drove along the coast on the north side of Dublin. After passing Clontarf, I remembered that we had paid a visit to the nature reserve on Bull Island years ago, when there were only three of us rather than the five that currently filled the Peugeot. The weather was reasonably good and although I would've thought twice about riding the Vespa right up to the sandy beach (the salt would've done wonders to the scooter's steel frame), it was more of an easier decision with the car.

It's back to the drawing board with the ride but at least I had a decent time with the family and a little break from our regular routine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...