09 August 2011

That's Limerick City

 I've never been to Limerick city before but fortunately, my job required that I visit this city of Munster for a couple of days.


The pic above is of one of the entrances to King John's Castle. The first thing that came to mind when I heard the name of the castle was the medieval baddie made famous by tales of Robin Hood and his mates lurking in tight tights hiding behind trees in Nottingham. With a little bit of research, it turns out that the King John in question is the same as the infamous King John.

Unfortunately, other than that a quick walkabout after work that led me to the castle (and a short walk along the River Shannon) most of my time in Limerick was spent in here...


Not that I'm complaining, it's just that it's a shame I didn't get to see more of the city. Thankfully, if you're looking for a guide to the city the internet is filled with resources. Here's one great example.


What better way of getting to know a place than through the local Horse's mouth (pun intended)?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...